There are more than 950,000 cases of COVID-19 across the world, the disease has also killed more than 48,000 people.
At the moment, the disease has been spreading in the United States and affected all states, including Maryland.
1,985 Cases in Maryland, 31 Deaths
According to the Maryland Department of Health, there are 1,985 cases of COVID-19 in the state and 31 associated deaths.
Montgomery is the most affected county with 447 cases.
In the US, there are more than 216,000 cases of the disease, with about 5,000 deaths. New York has been most affected by the disease, while South Dakota has the last number of cases among US states.
How COVID-19 Spreads
The disease is spread when infected people cough or sneeze, releasing respiratory droplets.
These droplets can infect people if inhaled or if people touch their faces after touching a surface contaminated with droplets.
It takes 2-14 days for people to develop symptoms after getting infected (most commonly it takes 5 days). This period is also known as the incubation period of the virus.
What Are The Symptoms?
The main symptoms are dry cough, fever, and tiredness. Others include runny nose, sore throat, diarrhea, and body pain.
It is advisable for people who have respiratory symptoms to wear a face mask, self-isolate and call their primary healthcare giver to report their condition.
How To Protect Yourself From COVID-19
Here are some tips to stay safe during the outbreak
- Avoid large gatherings and avoid close contact with anyone who’s ill
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Ensure you follow the guidelines released by your city’s officials
- Disinfect commonly touched surfaces like doorknobs and light switches with a household disinfectant
- How Many Coronavirus Cases are in West Virginia? - April 2, 2020
- How Many Coronavirus Cases are in the US? [Updated Daily] - April 2, 2020
- How Many Coronavirus Cases are in New York? - March 31, 2020