There are more than 950,000 coronavirus cases globally. The disease has also killed more than 48,000 people.
The pandemic is active in all US states, including Texas.
3,997 Cases in Texas, 58 Deaths
According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, there are 3,997 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Out of this number, 58 people have died. There have been more than 47,000 Coronavirus tests performed in the state.
In the US, there are more than 216,000 COVID-19 cases, with over 5,000 deaths reported from the disease. New York is the most affected US state, while South Dakota is the least affected.
How To Stay Safe From COVID-19
You can use the following steps to protect yourself and your loved ones from getting infected with the virus:
- Avoid large gatherings, follow your city’s regulations
- Avoid close contact with anyone ill, coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands often for about 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Sneeze or cough into a disposable paper towel and wash your hands immediately after
- Disinfect commonly touched surfaces like doorknobs and light switches with a household disinfectant
What Are The Symptoms?
The main symptoms are dry cough, fever, and tiredness. Others include runny nose, sore throat, diarrhea, and body pain.
It is advisable for people who have respiratory symptoms to wear a face mask, self-isolate and call their primary healthcare giver to report their condition.
Is There Any Treatment?
Generally, treatment is supportive. As with many viral infections, there is no specific medication tailored to curing the disease. Instead, doctors treat the symptoms until the body’s immune system overcomes the viral infection.
For now, most people infected make a full recovery. The mortality rate is about 3.4%, meaning that more than 96% of those affected survive it.
Older people or people with underlying medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and heart problems are more likely to come down with serious illness following the coronavirus infection. If you are in this category of people, you need to take extra care to prevent the disease.
- How Many Coronavirus Cases are in West Virginia? - April 2, 2020
- How Many Coronavirus Cases are in the US? [Updated Daily] - April 2, 2020
- How Many Coronavirus Cases are in New York? - March 31, 2020